LIVE from SADDLEBACK .Session 1Hey all...will be posting several times this week...go to posts before this day to see news, etc. from chazzdaddy. I will be updating the conference and other fun stuff. peace. Don't forget, we are -3 hours out here...and btw, it is really warm :)
It's definitely a white shoes day with the dudes I've been bumping into. Huge thanks to Roepke and Tony Steward for the invite to the green room where the big homies hang. Watch it all...
Watch the LIVE STREAM of the CONFERENCE when it is on each day here.
Watch the back room bloggers and awesome post-session interviews when on each day here.
Warren: When God wants to re-new your church, country, etc. he always takes it through these five steps and renewals:
1. PERSONAL: It starts in the heart.
2. RELATIONAL: Right with God and now right with others.
3. MISSIONAL: God wants to do something around the world.
4. STRUCTURAL: In your churches structure.
5. CULTURAL: (went to the restroom)...Think it was the final point of changing the culture around you.
Rick wrote down many young pastors 5 years ago to pray for them. 1/2 of them are gone now.
7 nationally known pastors in Orange County when Rick began. 4 have had affairs. Wow.
Ministry is a marathon, not a sprint.
How To Experience Personal renewal in our lives:
1) Learn to enjoy the grace of God. (2 Cor. 4.1)
He choose us, we didn't choose him. We are just a trophy of HIS grace.
a. I don't have to prove myself.
b. Never confuse PROMINENCE with SIGNIFICANCE. Your ministry matters to God.
2) You have to be authentic. (2 Cor. 4.2)
a. Obvious imperfections are a good thing. We don't always applaud strengths, but weaknesses because we can relate.
3) Remember that it's not about you. (v. 5) [heard that one before?]
a. If not, you will be bitter or burn-out.
More to come...my battery keeps dying. Watch for updates.
And no joke, I am back in the staging areas and out of no where, Rick Warren has me in a huge bear hug. That was fun. Scary, but fun.
Labels: purpose-driven gathering 2008