i'm happy and hurtin...HAPPY:)
- My family is awesome. Gone a lot this month, in class for my Master's, starting a new campus...all that is my spare time. Glad to re-connect and be out of that busy swing and back with them. It's all about balance. You have to make it happen, no one else will.
-Amazing Staff Pastor's Planning Retreat. Soul-searching and Vision-casting at its best. We will do this every 6 months... We have a GREAT STAFF. A great retreat with your staff should be soul-stirring, personal, and vision oriented. If its all business or all community, we lack fundamental leadership balance. I went with open ears and an open heart...
- MARK BATTERSON said YES...NO really, he did. Shoring up the details. This will be an amazing conference with a different format and emphasis on conversation and practicality while merging various models of ministry. Pastors in small to medium sized towns have got to stop making excuses for not being places of impact...we had no money, no staff, no equipment...but a bunch of faith and leadership and passion. We want to increase that level across the country.
- Pastor Tim (our Wooster Campus Pastor) did a great job teaching last weekend. At least he says he did...No really, lots of great comments. I still haven't watched it yet, so... :)
- I am jacked about the change in our next series...it is called WHY? We will be looking at the huge vision and DNA surrounding this place and WHY we do it and WHY we are all called to do something off the hook for Christ together in community with each other and Christ.
- I am jacked up that we have been running around 1,000+ between our 2 campuses and the weather has been horrible. But if we didn't mind a little weather change...why pick OHIO?
- Our ASHLAND LAUNCH TEAM is getting bigger all the time. And they are pumped up beyond belief about taking NEW HOPE to ASHLAND! And part 2...no, I am still not leaving New Hope to go to Ashland. This crazy rumor won't die. I am the Lead Pastor at all 3 places...
- Some family from Ft. Myers, FL were with us for 18 days recently...It was really cool. Pray for them as they work through some issues. My cousin who had never seen snow in person was doing big air jumps with me by the time he left...and yes, I still despise the FLORIDA GATORS.
- My WIRELESS card died. So posts have been down. I post a lot away from the office, and now I can't for awhile. But we have 2 of the best COMPUTER TECHS (volunteer) in the world right here at the Loudonville Campus...I am sure they will figure it out.
- I need some TACO BELL, and they closed ours in Loudonville last year. Anybody want to go in with me on starting a new one?
See ya this weekend. So glad God blesses us in the HAPPY and HURTIN' areas of our lives.
blessings and peace.