is it God or satan?
This is such a great question I get so often. Is it God's plan/will/growth
or Satan's attack in my life/ministry/family?
I don't know if anyone can precisely answer that question except God Himself.
Couples things to chew on:
1. God does not WILL EVIL. There is NO EVIL in HIM.
2. But God does ALLOW EVIL. [Book of Job, et al.]
3. And when HE ALLOWS it He promises to WORK IT TOGETHER FOR GOOD. [Rom. 8.28]
So, when we face trials, testing and temptations, what are we to do? PRAY MORE? ACCEPT IT? CAST OUT DEMONS?
How about this:
1. PRAY. It's commanded. [1 Thes. 3.17]
2. RESIST the enemy. It's available [1 Peter 5]
3. LOOK for growth and refinement. [Job 23.10]
Too easy? How about this:
So...when we have a VISION or a MISSION or a CALL from GOD as a Leader...who is it from?
GOD/SATAN/US? [can we know?] and if we know, why aren't we RECKLESS ABOUT IT?
THE DIVINE MYSTERY. I will be talking about this at THE STICKS
conference in 2 weeks.
I want to help us all understand how to clarify our call and define our mission. I also want to look at how quickly that our perceived mission can turn GOOD and BAD.
What messes up the GOD-POWERED VISION that we feel we have received, especially in a smaller town setting? [75-100K or less]
How do we look at this in the smaller towns that God has CALLED us to?
Or was it HIS call?
Labels: Church Leadership, church planting journey, the sticks conference